Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day Twenty Four

Blue Jelly Bean Salad. Can't decide what I think about today's photo. My daughter thinks the lettuce and tomato look plastic but I can assure you they are real. Thank you BerlinBear for your suggestion - I hope you're not too disappointed with the outcome.

Today's bonus is dedicated to YMS who on day five suggested I try blue jelly bean finger nails. Unfortunately this didn't work too well. Whole jelly beans looked out of place and when I tried to slice them in half they went all squishy and the outer layer started to crack - so here's an alternative - just for you.

6 comments:

Rhiannonsmommy said...

How did those jelly beans taste in that salad? Sometime weird combination like that actually taste good.

kimbomac said...

Love the jelly bean salad. Great idea and I would really have been keeping that nailpolish idea for another day. Don't give that one away as a bonus! It's a fabulous idea!

BerlinBear said...

YAY! Jelly bean salad. Looks tasty...I saw it a little different in my mind, but I like this one. Maybe one day, I will try to create the version I saw in my mind. ;)

Whalelight said...

Looks great but I wonder if it'll taste as great? Cool shot with the nail polish, too. It does look like like a fingernail. Ever thought of making a Mr. and Mrs. Blue Jelly Bean Head? :) If others can give out ideas, so will I! :)

Phildo said...

BB came up with this idea? Why am I not surprised? :P Neat shot!

YMS said...

Succulent-looking salad!

(Thank you! Very good take on the nail polish idea.)